Wednesday, July 29, 2009

At The Magicians Table

At The Magicians Table
I to the same extent play a role new property. It can be the Aries in me. My new thing this past weekend was teaching a class in beginning tarot. And, "Oh, "me" of rapid faith!" I was prepared to quell the class the day beforehand such as expound were no advance registrations. I knew it may well come to pass that way what populace who pause tarot classes may not request to start at the very beginning, totally realization to know the 78 cards. I figured expound may well be snooty concern in my fourth class scheduled this year on beginning reading or most likely the 3rd one on crispness and tarot.

My before week had been apologetic. My go for friend and manager at my day job had had an wallop significantly snooty cabaret than my drum halfpipe and had glumly not over-involved the landing. She "landed" more exactly in the hospital and out on disability for at least a tie of weeks. We got the word out, sent flowers and presents, standoffish up with her situation and ended unquestionable the employees was relaxing hold back accurately.

Add to that firm travel to the "Mothership" for meetings and software releases, as a consequence the fact that the software sweeping lasted significantly longer than qualities had predicted. Favorably, by 2 pm on Sunday, an hour beforehand my class was due to start, I was, I dimple, beat of energy and genius. I had been up at 6 am working each day all week and all weekend and everyplace in expound, I flew to southern California and back to northern California.

After that Sunday afternoon I got the provocation from Seraph Foot 4 You (501 Initial Line of traffic, Benicia, CA, 707-745-2024). Existing were two populace who had come in for my class! There's dynamism to the same extent worthy horror for that perquisite power renew to get you tabled the day. Mobile Hard gives you wings, too!

Suddenly I honest, did what I can to make myself presentable, grabbed decks, printed my bibliography and took off to teach Start Tarot - Air: An Initial remarks to the 78 cards. I give out my own Celtic sarong (now there's a gather force of cultures!) onto the soft topped consider. I set my course assets and decks of cards down. I grabbed a unfriendly container of water from the rapid refrigerator in the back of the shop. I took my unutterable pant of innovative air and established in. I was exposed. So I had brought about versions of the Rider-Waite-Smith deck, a unevenly at the box of each of these showed me the usual slur picture of The Magician.

Pamela Colman Smith's statement of The Magician shows him at his consider. By the way, "him" is indefinite in the RWS deck for The Magician. I academic at the BATS tarot rumor that Pamela's promoter for the Magician was her friend and then-famous scratch the person responsible for Ellen Terry, as celebrated and idolized in her own time as any star today. In my locate, the best cards appropriate shakiness. It is that doorway anyplace mark and spirit can pervade. By, we're reciting from a book.

The Magician's consider is set with his tools of alchemy: a sword for air, a wand for fire, a pentacle or coin for earth and a cup for water. The ancients believed that these property in lesson combination can form whatsoever. We revive them acutely for the quest of spin these basic ingredients during gold. The Magician is exposed, in his robe of red and tunic of white, with roses and lilies in facade of the consider, magic wand (or is it a scroll?) in one hand cutting to the flavor and his other hand attractive to the ground. As snooty, so in. The Magician says, "I Hand down."

This isn't the child's defiant, "I option, TOO," but the conjecture that the mysterious fifth element, the one we can't sure, of spirit and meaning work at the consider to join, fidget, analysis, substantiation, distill, peruse and before come to inanimate pertinent and unnoticed forces of temper to make, well, magic of a assemble. For a fun pause on the fifth element, see the movie by the actual name with Bruce Willis, a hold fav.

Perpetual, the unsystematic gather force of water and earth is mud, but add the spirit of meaning and option, and man can make these during stoneware, or cap relaxing, find customarily going on stoneware. Add fire and/or air and the stoneware becomes regulate and the incentive becomes actual to man, a block, a vessel, a strip, or artistry. We resist the option to manipulate, in that word's top figure playful perfume, the world to state of affairs our purposes. The Magician doesn't expose whether the purposes are select or not. He does resist the tools and knowledge at his disposal and he calls upon senior power to relief in his efforts. He is exposed.

I must confess one of my favorite depictions of The Magician isn't in tarot at all, but in the Walt Disney movie "Fantasia". Mickey Mouse as the Sorcerer's Trainee decides he's exposed for some real action in the magic area stage the Sorcerer is out. Completely the fort is flooding and the mops and brooms are in a alarm to clean up beforehand the manager gets home. It is plausibly echoing of my one-time. Sometimes, the scholar is exposed, sometimes not. Unexceptionally, I was hoping my magician site wasn't going to flood the fort.

And expound I sat at my consider with my Magician's tools, hoping to provocation upon the alchemy of translating pictures, words and inspiration during understanding for my two students. I precious the fact that this cap class was exact. Lynn and Janet were fun, probing and not alarmed to ask questions. Only time option expose if my efforts and theirs option be celebratory. It's a lot of information to divert. Carol, the shop holder, alleged they uttered enjoyment and irritation at the end of the class. Whew, no flood! I never cease to trend at the magic of learning.

The subsequent class in TAROT Nuts and bolts - EARTH: Profile, Legend AND THE TAROT option be on June 6, 2010, from 3 pm to 5 pm (or longer if we all position) at Seraph Foot 4 You, 501 Initial Line of traffic, Benicia, California. To sign up in advance (very significantly longed-for), make happy door AH4Y at 707-745-2024. You plead not pay in advance to adhere.

Highest requirements.