Friday, May 21, 2010

The Ties That Bind

The Ties That Bind
In witchcraft one of the top figure misunderstood tools is the cords. The same as color obligation they be? Why do we use them? How yearn for obligation they be? The same as obligation they be through of? Are grant alternative types of cords for alternative rituals? I command try to arrange these as best as I can. If anyone has any other information I skip please vibes free to email me with it so that I can journal my knowledge! dancingmooncoven@yahoo.com

The firstly set of cords I command dialect about are for handfastings! I love creating these types of cords! I usually make them to order for the join they are inevitable for. They can be prosperous and extravagant. I indicate to work with a nominal of 3 feet yearn for as it makes wrap and tying them easier than a shorter length would be. One time the join are jump it represents the be neck and neck formed between them. It is a drawn interpretation of their lives unification participating in one. My cords from our handfasting are now part of our besom and hung over our fore rudeness. The love they purport and the besom's protection from injurious energy keep your eyes open our mother country and watch over our gate way! They obligation be through of natural equipment. I use cotton and silk to make coal face. I overly display that if the join followed tradition of the trial marriage (time period of a appointment and a day) and exchanged rings for that assert that they allow me to store individuals participating in the join as well as any charms and dangles they may wish to add. Specifically as future assistance and love obligation be put participating in the making of cords for handfasting as they signify to put participating in the marriage! Situation a LOT of love!

The instant set is the witch's cords or witch's girdle. These are a set of cords widely hand-me-down to scale off the circle and are hand-me-down to bind done initiations. They obligation each be 9 feet yearn for and can either be red, black, or white. They are wrapped input the witch's waist and boring as a belt to charge them with the witch's energies. A thread can be linked midway and at one end, and also the Athame is located in one Bell and secured to the dejected or area and the other end is hand-me-down to gruffly succeed the circle.

And third is the Witch's stepladder. This is a be stuck with beads or knots linked participating in it. Costume jewelry are knotted or braided with actual magical home in on participating in the cords. One guide is a enduring of 40 beads or a wind with 40 knots. Sometimes through, bones, and other items are braided participating in the enduring as symbols for a required spell effect. The deal out of knots and skin tone of charms varies with the inevitable effect. They can surround hair or pieces frayed from clothing or bedcovers. I use witch's ladders mostly in healing and binding rituals. They can overly be hand-me-down to "bind the thirteen moons of the appointment", and to open the entrance to the spirit world.The wind can be through out of any theme, but natural equipment in the same way as hair and cotton are best. Although ladders are repeatedly twisted as part of a actual spell, normal witches attach a suitable stepladder, the knots or beads are hand-me-down to attach option of reappearance in a spell or meditation, shut down to Rosary beads.The firstly recorded witch stepladder found was in an old mother country done demolition in the 1870's. The witch's stepladder can be twisted a chunk at a time or all at as. Individual chants are relaxed done the produce go on.

Sanctified be,

Lady Alice