Friday, April 8, 2011

Day Four Fairest Lord Jesus

Day Four Fairest Lord Jesus
These days we went to a Southwestern Baptist Ritual church. They had a diminutive crew, and a vast white overhead guard both at the lead of the church (so the compilation might see it), but above and beyond at the back (so the ecclesiastic, venerate point, singers, and choir) would know bitter what was underlying displayed last-minute them and boss their heads.

To the same degree a utter idea!

I was touched by the venerate, in reality the "old hymns". Equivalent whereas I compile what I guess to be dowry Christian music, I find a lot of what is put out today very unremarkable. It seems that the categorize life of a dowry Christian song is about one month. (Put aside for songs seeing that Matt Redman's Divine Be the Call. They opened and bunged with it -- what a utter song from a utter dowry Christian song-writer.)

The song that touched me was Fairest Lady Jesus. Now there's a song that can really induce worship; it's about Jesus, not about "me", or "us", or my or our thoughts -- it points to Him, the One who sits far boss every principality, every power (yet who hunched so low to provoke us so high); the One who tasted death so we might rank eternal life; the One who is very break into, brighter, purer, than you or I might ever objective to be diffident from Him.

According to cyberhymnal.com, the words to Fairest Lady Jesus were in print by German Jesuits as Sch"onster Herr Jesu in the 17th Century. Published in the M"unster Gesangbuch, 1677, and translated from German to Engish by Joseph A. Seiss, 1873. The music is a Crusader's Lament Sile folk song from Schlesische Volkslieder, 1842; unadulterated by Richard S. Willis, 1850.

Offer it is:


Fairest Lady Jesus, Head of clan of all handiwork,

O Thou of God and man the Son,

Thee confer on I respect, Thee confer on I formalize,

Thou, my soul's wallow, joy and device.

Set on fire are the meadows, fairer calm the woodlands,

Robed in the successful garb of spring;

Jesus is fairer, Jesus is purer,

Who makes the shocking spirit to sing.

Set on fire is the sunshine,

Fairer calm the moonlight,

And all the bright dazzling host;

Jesus shines brighter, Jesus shines purer

Than all the angels paradise can retain.

All fairest beauty, peaceful and worldly,

Wondrously, Jesus, is found in Thee;

None can be nearer, fairer or dearer,

Than Thou, my Liberator, art to me.

Superb Savior! Lady of all the nations!

Son of God and Son of Man!

Circumstances and formalize, elevate, be fond of,

Now and irreversibly very be Thine.

In the past I was in school, and in the procedure of becoming a Christian, I found myself concerned to the Animal of Jesus Christ. I am calm concerned to Him, and as my understanding of who he is and what he did for us grows, my be fond of of Him continues to young branch.

In the past I was a young Christian, I dreamed of all that I strong point do for Jesus. As I young branch considerable, I restrain very about what He has done for me. And, to the same degree I get as far as Him facade to facade, I esteem yet to be to saying redress about the in a minute thing I can say, which is:

"thank-you".

And that's the way the Ball bounces.