Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Elder Paisios Reverence For Saint Barbara

Elder Paisios Reverence For Saint Barbara
"- Best quality, when someone has revere towards a Saint, what has occurred?"

For someone to transfer special revere towards a Saint, the Saint necessity speak within them in one way or something else. Because a sure people for a nature takes place with the help of a Saint, they transfer a special love for that Saint. This people can be a difficult one, or it can be simple. Keen, like I as a embryonic child went to the Minster of Saint Barbara bestow in Konitsa, I transfer a dedicated revere for Saint Barbara. The Saint helped me in the air force, when they took me to the radio operators, even while I was amateurish. She moreover helped me innovative in the Sickbay formerly my lung venture. The doctors told me thus, as soon as my lung was clean, they would take sideways the tubes and the obsession. And while they would remove them in five days, twenty-five days accepted and they did not remove them, making me be subjected to a lot. On Saturday December 3rd I waited for the doctors, to free me from this martyrdom, but unfortunately they did not hang around in.

On Sunday daylight, thing the memorial of Saint Barbara, I said: "If the Saint were to help me, thus she would transfer helped me. The doctors dead. At the present time, thing Sunday, bestow is no way they will come. Now who will remove my tubes?"

I moreover supposed a few words of complaint: "So many become old I lit the oil lamps in the church of the Saint. Seeing that oil I brought. I cleaned them, I smooth them. They couldn't remove two tubes?" I innovative thought: "Maybe I in tears Saint Barbara, and this is why she didn't abstain come to remove them."

I sharply heard a sound. "Seeing that happened?" I supposed. "Did something show to someone?" Get down said: "The doctors are coming." I don't know what came extinct the leader to say to the doctors immature in the morning: "Go and remove the tubes from the monk." They entered the room and said: "We transfer an order to remove the tubes." It stressed Saint Barbara that I supposed a few words of complaint! You transfer to complain a little! It is best not to complain. It is advanced major if you do not complain.

You see, sometimes a Saint gives completely what we ask, and sometimes innovative. Sometimes they hook the pleading for example we are in a good spiritual province, and sometimes for example we cry and complain sort terse children.

Source: From "Best quality Paisios the Athonite: Address 6, On Prayer" (Thessaloniki, 2012). Translated by John Sanidopoulos.