Friday, December 28, 2012

Henry Steel Olcott And Phenomena

Henry Steel Olcott And Phenomena
For a few weeks I storage space multifaceted face-to-face in the spellbinding diaries of Henry Blade Olcott, one of the founders and the unusual supervise of the Theosophical Friendship. His classic "Old Set down Foliage" in six volumes are a help trove of ability phenomena. I storage space frequently advised UFO collegues to study the writings of the unusual generation Theosophists and difference them with the contactee literature. Ufologists command be astonished to find the self-same type of phenomena in all genres. Theosophy is contactee experiences imperfect the plates. And a good start is the unusual capability of Olcott's "Old Set down Foliage", cover the grade 1874-1878.

Henry Blade Olcott (1832-1907) was a lawyer, critic and a firstly in psychical burrow. He vanished twelve weeks in 1874 investigating the appearance phenomena of the absolute Vortex brothers in Chittenden, Vermont. This was eight animation in the past the patch of the Friendship for Psychical Training in London 1882. Olcott renowned his burrow in a large 492 pages drive, "Tribe From the Bonus Nature" (1875).

Introduce day Theosophists reading "Old Set down Foliage" command perhaps be all astonished and chocked by the frequently very unfavorable comments on Helena Petrovna Blavatsky and her facade in the diaries. This is determinedly no hagiography of the absolute H. P. B. as she liked to be called. Olcott is abnormally outspoken near all her faults and intrinsic worth. Rut to this quote on Blavatsky's facade, which one would sensibly believe from sceptical hardliners: "So random, so picky, so to be regarded with suspicion, so individual, so mad as to shout for round acceptance and self-control if one would live and work with her in an deep in thought spirit". (p. 50) And Olcott gives nearly examples of these less valiant traits in his register. Of course he further gives haunt examples of the very good sides of Blavatsky.

But what ready this sensibly unfavorable examiner of the ability survive living with Blavatsky and becoming her main co-worker? A ungainly part of the suspension is unavoidably - phenomena. His diaries are teeming with all the a little types of psychic experiences and phenomena he encountered all together with Blavatsky and comrade. We can track his standpoint and fears about what is within. But represent was one straitlaced dated take that was a multiplicity of jaunt vending machine in his Theosophical situation. It occured in New York Municipal 1877.

"Our evening's work on Isis was just what the doctor ordered, I had bade goodnight to HPB, retired to my own room, congested the orifice as locate, sat me down to read and fumes, and was sometime deep-rooted in my book. All at behind, as I read with my comprise a rapid turned from the orifice, represent came a gleam of everything white in the right-hand ensnare of my correct eye; I turned my bust, dropped my book in respect, and saw area of high pressure prior me in his mushroom diagram an Oriental clad in white be dressed in, and appearing in a bust cloth or turban of amber-striped significant, hand-embroidered in blonde floss silk. Fancy raven hair hung from under his turban to the shoulders; his black fuzz, parted vertically on the chin in the Rajput way, was deformed up at the ends and carried because of the ears...the Phantom was seated in the other control addition the personage. He told me he had come at the drawback in the same way as I popular him, that my appointments had brought me to this vending machine, that it lay with me comrade whether he and I requirement challenge frequently in this life as co-workers for the good of mankind...Rashly the thinking came during my mind: "What if this be but hallucination; what if HPB has cast a mesmerizing glamour because of me? I wish I had some distinct use to evince to me that he has really been roughly speaking, everything that I break open appearance as soon as he is gone!" The Master smiled benevolently as if reading my thinking, untwisted the fehta [turban] from his bust, benignantly saluted me in leave-taking and was gone: his control was empty; I was comrade with my emotions! Not considerably comrade, in spite of this, for on the personage lay the overstated bust cloth."

In his diaries Olcott relates how he forward-thinking nearly mature met this man in India, sometimes together with other members of the Theosophical Friendship. But it was this bloody take that ready him establish to break his life to Theosophy. To his very sceptical friend Mr. A.O. Hume he tried to justify his ruling in a badge September 30th, 1881: "... I would never storage space in demand anybody's sign to so grand a get back as the time of the Brothers, but vault inside take in the past I would bust the new proposal... I got that base in due time".

The striking similitude among these dated experiences by the unusual generation Theosophists and the call claims of George Van Tassel, Howard Menger, Orfeo Angelucci, Paul M. Vest and haunt others requirement in my view be bold investigated. Very rapid burrow has been done in this means.

Origin: master-of-pentagram.blogspot.com