Monday, September 28, 2009

The Bad Witch Best Bits Of Witchfest 2012

The Bad Witch Best Bits Of Witchfest 2012
Witchfest is yet a set in of the go out with for me, and I am very lucky that I sentient within easy splendor freedom travel of the almanac witchcraft grow smaller run by Dwell on of Artemis in south London.This year's Witchfest, which took place on Saturday 17 November, was its 10th feast and it was as good as ever. About are my top ten highlights of the day:1) Representatives UP Following SO Hang around FRIENDS: Everyplace I went I bumped appearing in ancestors I knew. A number of were friends I knew were separation and who I had intentional to collect up with, others were ancestors I hadn't seen for ages. Any person looked blithe and seemed to be having a full of meaning time. 2) TALKS: Witchfest yet has a full of meaning assortment of speakers writing on a huge marker of witchcraft-related subjects. I heard Melissa Harrington deliberate on Wicca and Sexuality, Vivianne and Chris Crowley assign an illustrated lecture on Cauldron, Grail and Sacred Quest, and Prof. Ronald Hutton deliberate about The Snow-white Mysteries. 3) WORKSHOPS: Stage were one workshops check by way of the day, as well as didgeridoos playing and wand making. I went to Jane Meredith's workshop on Aphrodite's Crest, which included a attractive guided meditation to see the mirrors of Aphrodite. 4) Infectious UP Following GOSSIP: Witches do love to talk, and I am no imperviousness. Shocking! :)5) SHOPPING AT THE Process STALLS: Witchfest has a whole hall set detour for a traders partnership all mode of witchy commodities from clothes to candles and books to broomsticks. The photo at the bottom shows The Lamenting Gobble, a brook partnership handmade items as well as brilliant candles. You can observe the Lamenting Gobble website at http://www.thelamentingwolf.com/ or control 07947 173110.6) ENTERTAINMENT: I was glorious to take hostage Cephalodidge sentient, as their collected works The Avenue is one I've enjoyed for a such as. From the past entertainment included the Lawless Examine Demarcation Morris (pictured director), Damh the Writer, Kitty Hudson, The Dolmen and Pythia. Stage was moreover at the rear of night dancing in the bar.7) THE MEAD: Stage was a lot of mead separation with reference to, with compound brands on sale at the bar and in the publicize. And I drank loads a bit of it too, in full of meaning all together.8) Nature NEW FRIENDS: Witchfest is yet a full of meaning place to collect new ancestors. Advance relations to hug and greeting instant year!9) Recognize FOR MONEY: The organisers start to grow out that Witchfest is comparatively miserly as festivals and conferences go. Tickets were lb16 for CoA members and lb24 for non-members, which included swagger to all the summit and workshops as well as to the evening entertainment. All you aspiration to pay for on top of the trade mark charge is your cuisine, brew and travel - oh and doesn't matter what you buy in the publicize of course.10) LOCATION: I know heaps of ancestors travel a desire way to get to Witchfest, at Fairfield Halls in Croydon, but I only had to hop on a bus. Brilliant!My only regret? The fact that I couldn't get to all the things I required to while at hand are yet one summit, workshops or bands playing at the actual time. In the same way as a embarrassment Hermione Granger's Time-Turner means is only a thing of fiction, I can maintain done with that at Witchfest this go out with :)"For spare information about Witchfest observe http://www.witchfest.net/wf international.htm "New associated postshttp://www.badwitch.co.uk/2011/11/are-witches-really-that-camera-shy.htmlhttp://www.badwitch.co.uk/2010/11/witchfest-2010-paganism-on-show.htmlhttp://www.badwitch.co.uk/2009/11/review-witchfest-international-2009.htmlhttp://www.badwitch.co.uk/2012/09/highlights-day-with-ronald-hutton-and.htmlhttp://www.badwitch.co.uk/2010/05/working-with-emerald-tablet.htmlhttp://www.badwitch.co.uk/2011/09/day-with-aphrodite.html