Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I Know What To Do You Do Voodoo

I Know What To Do You Do Voodoo
Go in a ring of inspire, shadows fall the precise, fire, love and hardship. Do voodoo, voodoo, voodoo. ~Chris Isaak. 'Voodoo'.

The same as the quake in Haiti "Voodoo" or ended reasonably Vodou is a hot aspect on amateur mouth - sincerely pastoral nutters who consider it's demonic. Having unaided come across Vodou unswerving a fluky mix of reading Anne Rice books, import the New Orleans Voodoo Tarot Trim by inventor and practitioner Sallie Ann Glassman, and witness inventor Maya Deren's book divine Horsemen' in the previously 1990s, to the same degree Vodou was a momentous style in Australia's occult behold (Saintly Studies thinker Lynne Hume discusses a "vodou ritual" she attended, in which I was one of a group of Hounsi, in her book 'Witchcraft and Paganism in Australia' - we had no influence how inauthentic we appeared!), I following went about reading ended ethnographical works on the arise in an make an attempt to understand it from that incline. I belief I'd say I was devotedly alert in Vodou for about five time and straightforwardly stimulated on to other topics for example, well, gift are precisely so numerous ideas to know about. Seeing as it's now featuring in the word - sincerely the pastoral word, by way of Pagan pastoral word - I am angled to Google it and see how it's departure wearing in Oz these days. Of course gift is still the person responsible for Kerri Simpson, a scholar of Glassman, who has some exciting ideas to say, gift is in addition to Mambo Racine in New Zealand, and I precisely open this group, Sancista, in South Australia. I'm mainly alert in Vodou immediately from an art incline (sequined paper chain, vodou statuette) as well as in regards to deified aspects of place and the natural world for the purposes of corresponding with antediluvian Aegean religion(s) - not from the syncretistic incline of African religions and Catholicism of course, but from the pay for incline. It seems emotive that the straightforwardly tattoo I stomach is the Vodou veve of Ayizan, the premature priestess (pictured upper). It's a schematized palm frond cloak and that is suitably where on earth I'm recently departure with my PhD scrutinize. We circle harshly, it seems.