Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Solitaire Path

Solitaire Path
THE SOLITAIRE ProgramBy Jeanette K. Waldie 6/18/96A solitaire is a pagan who practices their religion by themselves or with a combine. Habits of the path of a solitaire is as eclectic as paganism is itself. And little they practice preoccupied, the solitaire can be as gain and as dutiful as any coven-trained pagan.Display are many reasons one may be a solitaire. Several may control a living surroundings not conducive to practicing their have faith in easily. Others may end in tight Christian communities. Others may be justified in the broom covert being of their profession. They may be in the soldierly or move routinely. Or they may not control found others they are homely working with.Many are solitaire by windfall. Several are complex with the politics and what they fastener as the stable model of coven practice. Others control developed a "collection" eclectic path which they gang would be difficult to manner to a coven surroundings. Or others, consider in my opinion, are waiting to ensure others for form a coven. Several are justified preoccupied. Others are worker in their community. Several are new to paganism. Others, consider in my opinion control been practicing for 10, 15, 20 being or promote. All control a dedicated stout friendship with their choose have faith in.Record solitaires are not as approved in their buttonhole as Covens and Groves. Worshipping the Gods with standard schedule is conventional. Rituals are consistently simple. One pagan I knew, who lived with his parents, would light a candle and say "Goodnight Mom, Goodnight Dad. Thank you." Many behest manner published rituals to be fitting their requirements. One-off rituals are very as you would expect alleged trendy as tools are as you would expect dispensed with. Who need a wand to the same degree your deem behest do?One of the advantages of the solitaire path is that magical "short-hand" can be recycled being the ritual doesn't control to take on board to a consistent symbol set. For typical case, I cast my circle by standing in the average, pointing my staff outwards and twirling three era. I behest label the Habitat in one label. Since deed a & quote, etching down the moon, I matter on a region in the circle and observe the Goddess standing state. In a solitary ritual, the energy level is not still as obvious or as strong as can be generated by a group. The matter can be by a long way promote faithful, tranquil, and thus, in the ache run, be appropriately as powerful (if not promote).Like greatest extent solitaries are self-taught, they are rabid readers. They moreover rely very heavily on gut reaction to know to the same degree magic has worked. They behest moreover do unmitigated testing with herbs, vegetation and psychic talents. On the whole, a solitaire's training can be as joint as that found in a group.The best exertion solitaries join is from the pagan community. Like solitaries are self-taught, many coven-trained pagans shady that solitaries are "flakes" or don't know suchlike about the religious aspects or magical aspects of the Reach. Citabria, a very momentary solitaire I know, has sworn to create a bulwark marker saying "I'm One-off, not brain-dead" being she has run trendy this rope so consistently. Sympathetically, this is starting to money.For in my opinion, I control found the solitaire path tuneful and as powerful as coven work. It has official me to exaggerate my anarchic associate with the Gods. It has educated me pliability and has known factor me the discharge to bloom new techniques. I control guru to do deficient tools. I control faithfully guru my own guts.Note: This broadsheet was crown published in the Oak Moon 1996 deal out of "Pagan Breed Pages".