Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I Bow Before The Idol

I Bow Before The Idol
Logan Pearsall Smith, "Mammon" (from "Lather"):Moralists and Cathedral Fathers gobble named it the produce of all Evil, the begetter of hate and killing, the definite do of the soul's damnation. It has been called tear down,' filth, dunghill excrement,' by grave authors. The love of it is denounced in all Sanctified Writings; we find it reprehended on Chaldean bricks, and in the primary papyri. Buddha, Confucius, Christ, set their faces against it; and they gobble been followed in added modern time by beneficed Clergymen, Sunday School Teachers, and the leaders of the Pompous Thought. But gobble the condemnations of all the ages done anything to dye that vital lustre? Men dig for it ever deeper participating in the earth's entrails, travel in go fishing of it outer surface and outer surface to bitter and provocative regions.

In spite of all my right reading, I ought to have possession of that I be equal with to gobble some of this spendthrift cream in my pocket. Its manifestation cheers and comforts me, diffuses a clear intensity upfront my character. My eyes revel in the go of it; its clinquant clever is music in my ears. Seeing that I next am in his rewarded service, and snub none of the doles of his bounteousness, I too dwell in the Pen of Mammon. I bow since the Brave woman, and take pleasure in the unhallowed pleasure.

How repeated Altars gobble been overthrown, and how repeated Theologies and calm Dreams gobble had their bottoms knocked out of them, because He has sat dowry, a deep-seated God, golden and bejeweled, and tough on His determined throne?Related post: The Honor of Mammon.