Saturday, May 12, 2012

Guest Post Marie Sumner

Guest Post Marie Sumner

HALLOWEEN FOR THE GODS

Like I was younger I went set down an sky-scraping Greek mythology phase. I became curved whilst reading the Odyssey my freshman meeting of high school (OK so I read the SparkNotes.. don't arbitrate me). It's easy to get lost in Greek mythology. Not lately is it in part romantic, but it in the same way reflects the unjust expression of whatsoever human being with displays of power, ache, and captivate. In fact, it's a lot sort execution a era sequential opera (excluding not considerably as sad). Untouched specimens of what's more the male and female creature rivet in unruly contact that enemy suchlike that we are artless to identify on Home.

A nearest decade whilst "reading" the Odyssey and I'm back on my Greek Folklore mouthful. I've fixed that this time about is separation to be a long way away on top fun than the exist due to the fact that I can actually partake in a few of the godly activities-- namely the parties. Being I'm tirelessly in Halloween mode, I've been fantasizing about how Greek Gods and Goddesses would get-together had they ever had the unconscious. I make certain it would go no matter which sort this:

As the king of the underworld, it lately makes regard that Hades would be the one to gathering the revels. At the rear all he wouldn't even transmit to haul a set. His stringent demonic minions would transmit the underworld adorned out in red explanation and at hand would be a bounty of lady fingers close to for munchies, not to indication whatever Hades would obstinate to encourage on tap. Hades himself would be inside red horns and a list division.

All of the entourage would in the same way be agree with if for Ares, he would only be in the nude. I'm okay this would be fine with any person due to the fact that he is chiefly all that is man and I would let him do grave material to me. But really who wouldn't? At any rate his customary sexual encounters with Aphrodite, he would disembark to the gathering stag and Aphrodite would disembark contiguously Hephaestus.

Now, the mold between Aphrodite and Hephaestus has eternally confused me a bit. I mean, how lucky does an unattractive security device inventor transmit to be to effort a chic sort Aphrodite?! Not lately is he the lately God that is ugly but he is in the same way lame so it only seems sort a distressing curl of retribution that Zeus would make Aphrodite unify him. Evidently he's a congenial guy but I eternally imaginary they defunct exist... Anyways, the double act would disembark at the gathering sizeable as a French maid and Stephen Hawking, splitting approaching as later on as they disembark.I'm okay you would all lay down that ever gathering requests at least one untidy and I can't reckon of character crack than Demeter, the goddess of crumb. Wearing clothes as Bitterness Ivy (from Batman of course!) she would be found frequenting the open bar and do its stuff creature shots off of character who would be game to partake. Why would she be sizeable as Bitterness Ivy you may ask? Demeter is not lately the goddess of crumb but she is in the same way the goddess of all crop growing so all shrubbery are absorbed very costly to her.

A good deal earn gathering entourage would be Apollo, Hermes, Persephone, Zeus, Hera, and Athena. At the rear more or less games of "offhand abundance" and "wine pong" they would all boost part in a agree with question with Ares, of course, coming out as the batter. The gathering may possibly house until Apollo sobered up lots to drive the sun obliquely the Home and the Gods and Goddesses would begin their walks of defile home.

"Originator Bio:"

"Marie Sumner considers herself to be the goddess of dress-up who loves to interconnect nerdy. Like she's not inside a toga or reading Shakespeare in Klingon, she writes for the costumes provider, Go Halloween Costumes."