Friday, January 31, 2014

A True Love Story We Secretly Admired Each Other But Didnt Say A Word Mary And Bisi

Mary Ajetunmobi ">OUR STORY:It began as a distant admiration over a decade ago. We each had seen the other around in various settings since college. We shared some mutual friends and often saw one another at events in the DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia) area, but we never really spoke, nor did either of us know we each admired the other. " BABY, I love the way your tenderness serves to be the bosom that receives all my tears."" I love it that I could mentally turn to you in difficult times, certain that your words would soothe my pain. " " I love how you literally wave your magic wand and my sad heart would well up with hope and my drooping shoulders would square up with determination. "THE FRIENDSHIPAt a friend's party some years later, we finally spoke. We got along quite well but at the time, we were each involved in relationships with other people, so we were just friends. Over the years, our friendship grew stronger and we became good confidants. " I could dream infinitely and wish on the stars because your love gives me faith and I can believe the fairytale because you say it's true. " " How could any one person possess so much power to inspire and to stir? How could one's smile outshine the sun and light up the heart with the strength of a thousand stars?"OUR COURTSHIPWe were friends for four years before we began dating. Our friendship made the courtship period easier for us as we knew each other quite well by the time we began dating. Nonetheless, no matter how close you are with a friend, you definitely learn a lot more about him/her once you begin dating. We had a good time dating and after about a year of dating, we both knew we were in it for the long haul. " You, my dear, are my sun, my stars and my real life fairy tale." " Together, forever and ever!"THE PROPOSAL"Bisi's Version"The proposal took place in October 2012. Mary is very inquisitive and that made it quite difficult to plan a surprise proposal. I wanted her to be more surprised than anything else by the proposal, so I decided to do it on a day when she would be least suspecting. Mary's job is very hectic during certain periods. During one of such periods, she had gone to her office on a Saturday. I called her while she was at work and requested that she stop by my house after work to help with a project I was working on. When she arrived at my place looking tired and completely unsuspecting, I opened the door on one knee... and the rest.... well, you know what they say. ""I don't want the sun to rise again except you accept to be my partner throughout life. "Mary's Version"I know Bisi pretty well (or so I thought at least). So I was pretty sure I would know when he would propose. I wanted a "surprise" proposal but I did not want to be caught completely off guard. So I tried to be very observant of Bisi's behavior around the time when I thought the proposal would happen. Men, was I wrong!" Lol," there were a couple of occasions when I was SO sure he would propose. I would have my nails perfectly done, my hair would be on point, etc... and then nothing would happen. Lol. I finally got tired of guessing and gave up, thinking he probably wouldn't propose until around the holidays which was still a couple months away at the time.Then one Saturday, I had gone to work and was so tired after work, all I wanted to do was go home, get under the covers and watch some chick flicks but No, my babe wasn't having any of that. He insisted that I come to his house after work to assist with a project he'd been working on. I went over half-heartedly and as soon as he opened his front door, he was on his knees with a gorgeous ring. I did not have on a gorgeous outfit, my hair was not at its best, my nails were in OK shape but in that moment, I really did not care what I looked like. OUR WEDDING:Our wedding day was absolutely wonderful! Definitely the best day of our lives! Of course there were a couple things that didn't go as planned, but at that point, we were determined not to let anything diminish our joy after all the time and effort we had put into planning our wedding. We arrived at our church ceremony ahead of time...It was the most important day of our lives and we were not going to start it off by being late. We had an "amazinggg" time at our wedding reception. Thanks to our wedding photographer, (DEMI O. PHOTOGRAPHY) and his assistants for capturing so many wonderful momentsAt the end of the day, the wedding day is just "one day (okay, maybe a few days if you count the traditional wedding and other events leading up to the formal wedding)", but the most important aspect is the "marriage" which lasts forever, and we tried not to lose sight of that throughout the wedding planning process.We thank God for how far he has brought us and we constantly pray that above all, we will continue to remain each other's best friend.OUR ENGAGEMENT PHOTOS: Demi, their wedding photographer says thus:So let's get right to Mary and Bisi. Bisi had contacted me through my site from DC (I think his email was the one that made me realize that people outside Nigeria were looking at and liking my stuff). From the beginning I was quite impressed with how involved Bisi was with the planning; usually it's the bride that contacts and retains me so this was a welcome difference.As they're based in the US, we didn't get to meet until about a week before their wedding and we just clicked! Matter of fact, as soon as Mary told me she was a Delta, I knew we were going to hit it off because I don't come across a lot of Nigerian Greeks.Anyway Mary and Bisi were an absolute blast to shoot and work with and they're one of those couples that I think we're definitely going to keep in touch with and become friends with because they have AWESOME personalities. They're definitely in the running for my "Most Awesome-est Couple" Award. So to Mary and Bisi, next time I'm in the DMV, we're doing lunch!I shot their engagement ceremony with the other Demilade who's also a photographer lol D. RobertsEnjoy! Also I came across some new layout and blogging software that I'm trying out so the layouts are going to be looking a bit different from what I used to use. Let me know what you think!Our white wedding photos:"That said, KFB wishes" MARY and BISI a fabulous and wonderful marital life."Have a great week Kfbers and as you admire the wonderful things God has made today, remember you're one of them - wonderful inside and out. You're blessed. You're special. You're loved...xoxo

Origin: wiccalessons.blogspot.com